As we enter the final hours of 2014, I was thinking of writing about new year's resolution. But nothing comes in mind for I don't believe in making one. Instead, the word letting go crossed my mind.
So, here it goes, the 8 things to let go before the year ends:
1. Clutter. Clutter is a problem that many people struggle with, and unfortunately, it can lead to constant continued stress and inefficiency. Who doesn't want a more simplified and organized life? So start packing those clothes, shoes and bags you haven't used for a year. Give it away, you'll feel better.
2. Guilt. Guilt is something we all face at some point in our lifetime because of something we did, and dealing with it can sometimes be difficult. I say, forgive yourself. No one else can make that guilt go except you. Do not let the guilt of your actions haunt you for the rest of your life. You have to move on from your past and give your present a chance.
3. Anger and Bitterness - Holding on to anger and bitterness is potentially hazardous to health . It creates tension and stress that may lead to high blood pressure or worse, heart attack. Remind yourself that anger hurts you more than the person you are angry with. Visualize anger and bitterness melting away as an act of kindness to yourself.
4. Debt. Live within your means. Stop buying expensive stuff just so you can show off. Getting rid of debt changes everything. It will change your relationship with money and give you freedom that you can’t imagine. You can also sleep well.
5. Worry. Worrying kills happiness. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself. Live each day as if it's your last day on earth.
6. Negative Perception. Change your perception from negative to positive. It’s one of many stories that remind us if you think you can’t, you can’t, and if you think you can, you can!
7. Blaming others. Let go of blaming anyone for anything and be accountable for your own action, for by doing so, you empower yourself. Your destiny awaits your decision, not of someone else's.
8. Past Relationships. Some people come into your life just to strengthen you or make you stronger. Simply forget the past, look straight ahead and forge toward the future.
(Quote Images source: Internet)
Letting go of anything in life isn’t easy for most of us. It's a little scary because we are accustomed into holding on to something or someone we love but letting go is necessary for it is an amazing act of self-love, well-being and growth.
“Letting go is scary but when fear subsides,
all you are left with is joy.”