I haven't written anything on this blog for eight days, I was so busy because Christmas in the Philippines is such a big thing. Filipinos actually celebrates Christmas as early as September 1.
And so for my first blog post, I want to write about my accomplishments for 2016. Honestly though, I can't say much for I'm just a regular wife and mom who tries to be the best for my family. Day in and day out I do the same thing. I do househod chores, except the laundry. I hate doing the laundry!
If there's one thing I'm proud to have done last year is that I faced one of my biggest fears...to wear print on print. Ambabaw diba? Hahahaha! Kidding aside, it's one of the things I thought I wouldn't do because I'm not really into fashion. I just started enjoying dressing up when I turned 40. Ika nga ng kasabihan, "life begins at forty".
Before jumping into this print on print thing, I Googled a lot of fashion websites and came up with my rendition on how to wear print on print. And so here it is...
1. Since I'm a beginner, I started off with small prints. The prints on my pants is so small you can't event notice it in the photo.
2. Stripes and leopard prints just go about anything in the world of mixing and matching.
3. Team up base colors with another print that's the same color.
4. When matching two or more prints, make sure that they share at least one color. In this case, red brought the look together.
5. Graphic prints always play well together.
6. Practice, practice, practice and don't be afraid to wear print on print patterns. Life's too short anyway not to face your fears. Happy New Year!